Monday, January 26, 2015

Spiders, snakes and roaches!

January 26, 2015

Hola:                                                  
So this week has honestly been a little rough for me, but I feel like I’ve learned a lot from past experiences and I’ve been able to be more patient and stronger when dealing with trials. The week was starting fine on Monday.  The hermanas were in charge of the activity, so we played volleyball (to change it up a little from soccer) and then we made pizza with el Hermano F. who owns a bakery and makes delicious pizza! That evening when we were heading to a noche de hogar with a family, it was a little dark, and we found a snake in the road. I almost stepped on it, but my companion saw it and screamed and went running! Then I saw it and I just walked around it. I was like [hey, tranquila, no pasa nada]. When I caught up to my companion she was in hysterics, because she has never seen a snake before and it really scared her.  She walked the rest of the way clinging on to my arm, and I luckily had a little flashlight to light the way, so it was ok.  But it was so funny though.
Then things started to get worse on Tuesday when we moved.  We live with members. They have the same room where we are now right next door, and it’s just nicer because it has air conditioning and another sink, so we decided to move over to that room.  We pretty much moved everything over on Tuesday, and we finished on Wednesday.  When we got home Tuesday night there were 2 cockroaches! And on Wednesday night we found another cockroach and a huge centipede.  Thursday morning there was a giant GIGANTE spider in the bathroom.

We haven’t been able to have a lot of lessons this week. We have new investigadores that we’re really excited about and we had 4 come to church yesterday. Also we have Hermana R. who is 10 years old and her family are members. She was living with her mom in another area and her dad lives here. She’s now here and her dad wanted to be the one to baptize her, so we’re teaching her the lessons and she will be baptized the 7th of February. She is the sweetest little girl and has such a sincere testimony. Also this week we’ve had 2 noche de hogares with la Familia V. They are a less active family of 7 that are a humble family that live in humble circumstances, but are so great and make me remember that all we need to be happy is our family and the Gospel.  On Saturday we went to a baptism of the elders in our branch and an hermano was able to baptize his wife, and it was so tender. 
I’m going to send this and then finish in another email because it’s raining super hard and I’m afraid the internet will go out.

Anyway, I am so grateful for this gospel and for these mission experiences.

Love you all, 

Hermana Tijerino

______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.


No comments:

Post a Comment