Monday, January 26, 2015

It is hot in here. Wait, now it is raining...

Hola hola                                                                                                         January 19, 2015
This week has been a little crazy because of the weather.  One day it’s super-hot, and then the next it rains.  And then the next day it’s super-hot and then the next day it rains, ahh! But we’re surviving.  On Monday we played futbol (Soccer really), and it was super hilarious, and really good to unstress a little.  We also had a really good family home evening with our pensionista and her family and with a family of converts we invited. On Tuesday we were able to teach two investigadores, we have- Hermana C. and Hermana R.  Hermana C. has been investigating a while and wants to join the church, but she just doesn’t want to get married.  Hermana R. is a new investigator we found and she really sweet and humble.  She came to church last Sunday and really liked it.  On Wednesday we visited a few families that were baptized in the past year and are super great people.  On Thursday we had our zone meeting and we talked about what we learned in the meeting of leaders that we had with the president in Santa Cruz.   

On Friday night we got home a little early because it was raining really hard, so we made popcorn and watched a church movie and had a little movie night.  On Saturday we went to the baptism of Hermana E.  She’s the one that Hermana B. and I started teaching and we set a baptism date for her and everything. The next day were cambios and I left that area.  So that made me sad, but I was super happy to still be able to see her baptism.  When we got to the church, she was coming out of the bathroom, and she was dressed in white, and that made me so happy to see her.  Really, such a joy every time I see someone that I’ve taught being baptized. But really I know that I had nothing to do with it.  She was prepared to receive us, and we arrived at her house just in the moment that she needed because it was her time.  It’s amazing to be able to see how God really prepares people to receive us and to receive the Gospel.  We’ve been able to find 3 new investigadores between this week and last week and I know that Heavenly Father is preparing these people.  

On Saturday we made tacos with our pensionista and yesterday as well with another family, and they were super good.  My companion is from Guatemala and she knows how to make them a little different, but they were deeeelicious.  Anyway, I am so happy to be here in Cobija.  The area that I am in now is absolutely beautiful. It’s pure dirt roads and big hills and a lot of jungle.  And although sometimes the sun is really strong or the rain is pouring really hard, I look up and see the beauty around me and I know Heavenly Father loves me because he has put me here at this place and at this time.  I feel so grateful because it is so beautiful but it also kills me every day because I don’t have a camera to be able to capture it all.  But I will never forget the beauty that is Cobija. 

Love you all, 

Hermana Tijerino











______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment