Monday, January 26, 2015

Flying to Santa Cruz

January 12, 2015

So this was my week:
Monday we flew to Santa Cruz.  We got there in the afternoon and we went and ate Subway in the mission office.  Then we went to the house in Belen where we were staying (the area where I was before coming to Cobija) and then we went to email. We did a few things before going back to the house exhausted after traveling all day, (because we had a layover in La Paz).

On Tuesday we got up early to get ready to go to our meeting of leaders, which is why we went to Santa Cruz.  We had the meeting all morning and I learned a lot about how to be a good leader, and how to be an example to others.  Our example speaks louder than our words. The Mission President talked about what the Lord expects of our mission in 2015.  Also he announced a big change. There’s going to be a new mission in Bolivia.  La Paz Norte! Cobija, the area I am in now, will be part of that new mission.  But this change won’t occur until July, and by then I will be home. But it will be interesting because some of our missionaries will be transferred to the other mission. After the meeting we had lunch and then we had a lot to do.  We were able to access our other suitcases that we left in the mission home to get a few things. Then we went to the distribution center.   

We visited a few people that my companion taught, and we went to La Plaza and had ice cream with the other hermanas that flew in from Trinidad.  That was really fun, but I got sick after so then we went home.  Wednesday morning we had to go to immigration at 6 in the morning because I’ve now been in Bolivia for over a year and I need to get my ID carnet.  After that we had to go the clinic because my companion needed to see the doctor.  We spent the rest of the day visiting the area Jardin, where both my companion and I were serving before. That was super fun and I got to see my converts there and it was so good to see everyone.  We also went to the grocery store to get stuff because here in Cobija there aren’t any.  Then since it was our last night in Santa Cruz we ordered pizza with the other hermanas, and that was super fun too.  We flew back to Cobija on Thursday and right when we got there we had to go to our district meeting. After lunch we slept for a little bit because we were so exhausted. 

The trip was super fun and we did a lot.  Now the past couple of days have been back to normal and we’ve been able to visit and teach and it’s been good.  I want to write more but I’m out of time so that’s all for now.  I’m still loving Cobija although its sooooooo hot and there are a lot of bugs, pero vale la pena!

Con mucho amor, 

Hermana Tijerino

NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment