Monday, February 9, 2015

Back to Santa Cruz for a couple days.

 February 2, 2015
  
 Hola hola, 
                                        
So today I am writing from Santa Cruz.  We spent pretty much all day traveling and now we arrived and have a little time to write.  Tomorrow we have our monthly consejo de lideres.  This past week was a little crazy.  Monday it was pouring rain, but like always we played soccer and we got super soaked.  We had a really nice noche de hogar with la familia de Hermana R.  She´s going to get baptized this Saturday.  She has 9 siblings, she´s 10 years old, the 4th oldest I think, and she´s super cute and excited to be baptized.  Her family are members as well.  On Tuesday we had intercambios, and Hermana N. came with me to my area, and my companion Hermana C. went to the other area en Cobija.  It was a super great day and we worked really hard and had a lot of fun.  Friday morning we changed companions, and now I´m with Hermana N.  She is super awesome and a great missionary and a really good friend. I´ve enjoyed being with her. I’m just sad because she finishes her mission next week. But we´re working hard and teaching a lot of people, and there are a lot of people progressing here.  I love my area and all the people and I love being with Hermana N. and feeling like we´re working super hard but having fun at the same time.  
On Saturday we went to an area that is 45 minutes away to do a servicio with the zone. It was an area that’s even more undeveloped than where I am in Cobija. It’s so humbling to see these people with so little but with so much faith.  It’s like that with la familia de Hermana R.  There are 12 people in her family and they live in very humble circumstances. But they have the Gospel and they have a beautiful family, and they are happy. 
Yesterday in testimony meeting almost everyone talked about their families and how they can have an eternal family. We had 3 investigadores en la capilla, and I think that it touched them hearing those testimonies, because it touched me.  Anyway, I’m still so happy and grateful to be here in Cobija and to be with my companion, even if it’s just for a short time.  We´ll be in Santa Cruz until Wednesday and then go back, and I´ll let you know how it all goes.

 Love you all, 

Hermana Tijerino




















______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment