Sunday, January 4, 2015

December 22, 2014 - Almost all caught up

December 22, 2014

Hola todos!                                                                            

Navidad has now approached! It’s so crazy the time has gone by super rapido! Last Monday I finally decorated our little apartment for Christmas.  I bought a Charlie brown size little Christmas tree and little ornaments and a gold star.  I made paper snowflakes from old pages of Liahona magazines, and a paper chain from old receipts.  I also bought a tiny nativity set… and a small elephant.  So, anyway it is super great.  Also on Monday the other hermanas in our zone planned a scavenger hunt in their area, and then we went to their pensionista’s house afterward and made pizza, so that was super fun.  Then on Tuesday we did a servicio there in their pensionista’s house and we painted where they are building more rooms, so that was really fun as well.  On Wednesday we had intercambios and I went with Hermana D. in her area. It was super fun.  She’s from LA, California, and her parents are Mexican. She already knew Spanish before her mission, she’s a convert to the church, and she’s awesome.  She was also studying English in college so we talked a lot about literature and poetry that we love, so it was really funny because it was so weird to remember that stuff.  I also realized I’ve forgotten so much! Then on Thursday we had a really good zone meeting and in the afternoon we had a really good lesson with one of our investigadoras, Hermana E.  She’s going through a divorce with her esposo, and we came at a time when she really needed us and we could feel the spirit so strong in the lesson. Please pray for her! 

On Saturday we went to a baptism of the other hermanas and the zone leaders.  I love it here because when there is a baptism, all of the missionaries in the zone come.   Our zone is really unido and we’re all really good friends and I love it.  Anyway I’m super excited for Christmas! On Christmas Eve we’re going to have a branch activity and have hot chocolate and empanadas and watch a church movie and it should be really good.  Then on Christmas day; it is a Thursday so we’ll have a zone meeting and probably do something special.  And of course I’ll be able to call home, so that will be nice. Anyway I have lots of pictures I want to send as well so I’ll see if I can do that.  But I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas! And I hope that we can take the spirit of Christmas into our hearts and that we can remember Jesus Christ our Savior. 

Con amor,
Hermana Tijerino  


______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment