Sunday, November 9, 2014

October 6, 2014 - Update

October 6, 2014

This week was really good, especially because of Conference.  On Tuesday we learned to make mazaco de platano with one of our conversos recientes, and it was so fun and so delicious.  On Wednesday we went to the doctor to have my eyes checked out and for my companion to have her back checked out.  We both got the medication we need, and everything’s fine.  On Thursday we had a really good district meeting and we all shared different teaching tools and ideas we had and visual aids and examples and things that were really good.  Then that evening we went to the Relief Society activity where an hermana taught how to cut hair and she used my companion and me as examples and cut both our hair. On Friday we had an activity with all the hermanas in our mission in Santa Cruz. There have been a lot that finished their missions and also 6 that are outside of Santa Cruz, so there were just 13 of us! In total there used to be about 30.  Anyway, it was really good, and we watched the General Women’s conference which I loved.  Then of course Saturday and Sunday was General Conference and it was so good! I learned a lot and I received direct answers to my prayers.  It’s so amazing. I went in with about 4 questions in mind and they were all directly answered on the first day.  I know without a doubt that God hears and answers our prayers.  
My companions and I were talking about the themes, and we agreed that they were about agency, testimony, and the prophet.  (I was really happy I got to watch conference in English, so I think I was able to learn even more.)
It is so important that we use our agency to make right choices and to obey the commandments and to follow Jesus Christ.  And like one of the apostles said, the most important thing we can gain in this life is a testimony.  I am so grateful for my testimony and I am striving to strengthen it every day.  And I love what they said about the prophet.  I know he is a man called of God and I will try to do everything I can do to follow him and to help the people here to gain a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and of a living prophet.   Please send me your comments from conference!
Love you all,

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Tijerino 



______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment