Monday, November 24, 2014

Change is in the air

November 17, 2014.

This week was really good, but I don’t have much time and I just want to tell you about my weekend.  We had the baptism of B., who is 18 and he has been like a perfect investgador.  From the first time we taught him we knew he was prepared.  He has really been converted and he has such a strong testimony, and really is such an example.  The only thing is that he doesn’t live in this area, but he always comes to church here and comes to all of the activities of the young single adults and he has a lot of friends here in this ward and he loves it.  So a while ago we asked the president if we could teach him here and he said yes but he would have to be baptized there in is his ward. The thing is there aren’t missionaries where he lives, so that’s why we got to teach him here, but then we had the baptism there. 

Saturday was such a crazy day because first we had a service project in the morning.  We went with the entire zone to paint and clean a house, and it was really fun.  Then we went home and quickly changed, got ready and then went to lunch with Hermana E.  Then we went to capilla to meet up with the JAS to then make the about hour trip on bus to Satelite.  Then the craziest thing happened, the bus went off a little detour and we got stuck in mud! So then we had to take another bus and we got there a little late, but we got there! The baptism went really well and I was just so happy for B.  He had such a big smile on his face, and my companion and I also couldn’t stop smiling. Afterward we came back to our area and went to another baptism that we got invited to of the other Hermanas in our zone.  So it was a crazy day! Then yesterday for church we had to go there for his confirmacion.  Also it’s really cool because the church is just a casa capilla, so it’s just like a big house with the chapel built in it. We stayed there for all of church.  All the members were so excited to see sister missionaries, and were asking if we would be in their ward and we said no but presidente did tell us that if there were people to teach there and if we coordinated with them, then we could come maybe once a week there.  After church the president of Relief Society had us for lunch, and then in the tarde we went out with a Hermana to visit an investigadora.  We got to know a little of the area.  It’s really big and it’s all sand roads and little brick houses, really green and pretty, but also very poor.  After we visited a very poor hermana with two little girls, we went back to the capilla to meet up with dos jovenes and we went to visit a recent convert family that is struggling a little.  It was such a cool experience to get to know these people and this area and I loved it, but it also made me realize how important we as missionaries are and how lucky I am to be here.  I also miss my ward in Belen because they are like family to me.  

This is probably the last week I have in this area, because I have been here almost 6 months.  So we´ll see what happens and where I end up going.  I´ve learned so much in this area and I´ve grown to love the people so much, and I love my companion and I am so grateful for the time I´ve spent with her and all the experiences I´ve had.  I couldn’t even begin to describe everything. But I love the lord and I love the gospel and I love the mission.

Thanks for your support and your prayers.
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Tijerino






















______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment