Sunday, November 9, 2014

October 20, 2014 - Update

October 20, 2014

Hola mis queridos amigos y familia,

Este semana fue muy bien y pasó super rápido! Whoops, I just realized I started to write in Spanish without even realizing it.  This week was really good and went by so fast! I’m doing really well and I’m really happy, especially because I love my companion and I love this area and I love all the people.  We are just suffering a little bit because it so freaking hot! But other than that everything is good.  We weren’t able to visit a lot of our investigators this week, so we’ve been visiting a lot of the converts and the less actives, and we’ve had some really good lessons. 
Also this week we went to concilio de lideres, which is like a leadership training meeting, because my companion and I are hermanas capacitadoras for our zone.  It was really good.  We learned a lot about how we can better serve and about the doctrine of Christ and how that relates to our purpose as missionaries. 
Also it was so good to be able to go to church yesterday, after two weeks of not going because last Sunday there were elections here in Bolivia and we couldn’t leave the house, and the week before was General Conference.  So I felt like it had been such a long time seeing everyone and it really was such a full joy being there with all these people that I really have grown to love so much and that have become like family to me. 
Also I think that Hermana M. and I are going to be having lots of adventures soon… there’s a ward in the stake where there aren’t missionaries and long story short is that we have an investigator that’s super awesome who should be going to that ward but he always comes to our ward. Yesterday we happened to meet the bishop of that ward and he told us that there are about 5 people there that want to get baptized but can’t yet because they need missionaries to teach them the lessons. We talked to the mission president this morning and he gave us permission  to go to this area to go teach these people and then come back to our area, just for now until they can send missionaries there.  So… that might be happening next week.  We just can’t go at night because this area is really dangerous.  But yeah.
Anyway, I am really so happy and having fun and working hard and just trying not to melt! The sun is really sooo fuerte, and I’ve never sweat so much in my life. Also my companion and I are sleeping on mattresses on the floor in our study room because it’s a lot cooler than our bedroom. 
But yeah.  Hope all is well where you are!

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Tijerino



______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment