Monday, November 24, 2014

November 10, 2014 update

November 10, 2014

Hola todos!
I don’t have much time because I want to send pictures but basically this is the week here in the crazy calor of Santa Cruz Bolivia.
On Monday we miraculously got the permission of presidente to go with our ward to their paseo, to an activity in a place where there’s a pool and a field to play soccer and a basketball court and volleyball court and place to hang around and a barbeque and everything and it was so much fun! We obviously just couldn’t go in the pool, but we were with the members who I love like family and we also have an investigator family that came and it all went super well.  
On Tuesday we had a leadership training meeting and we learned a lot about how to be leaders with love and how to have a positive attitude when being obedient and in doing all the things we do. Wednesday we had intercambios, and my companion went to the area of Montero, and Hermana N. came here to be my companion for the day and it was really fun.  She’s from Utah and she’s really sweet. On Thursday I completed one year on the mission! I actually forgot about it so we didn’t do anything to celebrate, but that’s ok, it was a good day.   Then on Friday we went to a baptism of a boy that just turned 8 in our ward and it went really well.  I think it was the first time I’ve been at a baptism stress-free about making sure everything goes well, because although usually baptisms are really special and everything, it’s stressful for the missionaries.  We have a baptism this Saturday for a joven of 18, who is so amazing.  God literally just placed him into our hands, already prepared to hear and accept the gospel.  His name is B. V., and we are so happy for him because he also wants to serve a mission.  Pray for him please! Yesterday was the primary program in our ward and it was so cute! Oh man I just love the niños!  Ok that’s all I have time to write! Other than that it has just been so humid because it’s been raining, so we’re just trying to survive! But I’m doing really well!

Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers! Love you
Con mucho amor, 
Hermana Tijerino


No comments:

Post a Comment