Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Viva El Carnaval de Bolivia!

                                                                                                February 14, 2015

Hola! So surprise, I’m on the Internet!
                                   
They told us at first that we wouldn’t be able to write until next Monday, but I think President decided to be nice and let us all write, today Saturday, so here I am!
Well I will take this opportunity to write and tell you how this week has gone by so far.  Monday we took Hermana N. to the airport, and from then on I was with Hermana C. and Hermana B.  We went to Internet Café and then we had to make the arrangements for the two of them to come and stay in our house because it’s bigger. Then we also got together with the elders to play soccer at the chapel for a little bit.  That night we had a noche de hogar with a family in the other area that I had visited before. We made tacos with them, and it was super good.  Then on Tuesday we were mostly in the area of Cobija visiting people. It was super good for me to be able to see these people again that I love.  Especially because we were able to visit Hermana E., and I love her so much!

On Wednesday we cooked lunch with la Familia P. and that was really fun.  It was raining all day, but we put on our boots and our ponchos, and we went out. We visited people from both areas, and it was fun although we weren’t able to have many lessons.  We also got the call of the cambios, and it turns out that we’re all staying.   Everyone in our zone is staying the same, just that 3 new ones would come to replace the 3 that finished their missions.  And.... I’m a mama! In other words, I’m training a new hermana.  So on Thursday morning she arrived, and we had a big welcome sign for her.  My companion is Hermana V., and she’s from Ecuador, and she is such a sweetheart.  I love her.  This is my first time training, so it’s a little different, but I love it. It’s a great experience for me to have to go back to the basics and to be able to be an example for someone, and to be able to get to know my companion and to love and serve her.  She really is so sweet and has such a sweet testimony.  Her mom has passed away, and Hermana Zambrano had called me just before she came to tell me that and that I just have to love and take care of her, and that’s what I’m planning on doing.  I wish I could send a picture of us, but I still don’t have my camera, but I hope it will arrive safe and fixed from Santa Cruz, and then I will finally be able to take pictures.
  
These past two days we’ve been working hard and visiting people and have had many good lessons.  Starting today at 4:00 we have to be en casa until Wednesday, because ya empieza las fiestas de Carnaval.  So we’re going to go shopping and get the things we need because we won’t be able to leave for 3 days.  We will pretty much be continuing our studies and be able to work on my companion’s training and watch movies and stuff, and also presidente has asked us to read the Book of Mormon, so that’s what we’ll be doing.  Hope everyone has a good week and a Happy Valentine’s Day! In regards to love, I want you all to know that I love this gospel with all my corazon, and I love missionary work, and I love Bolivia and the people of Cobija, and I love the time I’ve been able to be here and how much I’ve been able to strengthen my testimony. 

And I love you all! Until next Monday...
Con amor,

Hermana Tijerino



______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment