Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Leave me alone mosquitoes.

March 09, 2015

Hola!
Today there’s finally Internet access! This week was really good and has returned to normal pretty much.  My companion and I have been doing well, just being eaten alive by mosquitoes! But other than that it’s been good and we’ve been having a lot of lessons and have a lot of people we’re teaching.  We’re still teaching our investigadora Hermana B. who is amazing and has now come to church 5 or 6 times. Her testimony is growing and she is really great, but.... she needs to get married and we still haven’t been able to teach her esposo. So that’s the challenge right now, to be able to convince and help them get married. She has 3 little girls who are THE CUTEST.  I love her and her family so much.  We also have a less active family, la familia M.  La hija Paola is active, and her little brother who is 8 about to turn 9 is starting to come to church with her, also her other brother who is less active. We had a really good lesson with their family last night and we have planned the baptism for the little boy for the 11th of April.  
This week we also helped the Young Women with their activity. We made cake, and it was really fun because I felt like I was back in Young Women again. These girls are so great.  That’s pretty much all that’s been going on this week.  But there was a sad occurrence. Because of the floods and everything, it affected pretty much all of the area of the other sisters, Hermana B. and Hermana C. They talked to President, and he decided that it would be best if they left and were put in another area because they really can’t work in their area.  The water has gone down and everything but a lot of the people still haven’t returned to their homes, because there is supposedly another flood that will come again this month.  So on Wednesday they packed their stuff and on Thursday they left for Santa Cruz, and I don’t think they’ll be coming back.  So that was really sad to say goodbye to them because they’re so great and I know they both love Cobija, just as much as I do.  Cobija is such a special place and the people are amazing and I love them.  
Also, yesterday we had a really good class en la capilla about our Savior Jesus Christ and it made me think a lot about how He really is our savior and he paid for our debt and he made such a big sacrifice for us because he loves us. I’m so grateful for Him and for everything he did for us and for the privilege I have to be His servant and help people come unto Him.  
I love my Savior and I love this gospel and I love Cobija.

Con amor, 

Hermana Tijerino 





______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.



No comments:

Post a Comment