Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Goooool! from Jenny!

March 23, 2015

Hola,

This week was super good.  Starting off with Monday, we played futbol after not having played for a while. It was super fun and I made a goal! Also today we played futbol in the morning and I made two goals, so I am improving.  Man I am going to miss this zone, because all the elders are so great and because we are so far away from everyone else, we are super united and I love it.  During the week we’ve been visiting a lot of people and having lots of lessons.  It was the birthday of Hermana B. on Tuesday. We went with la Presidenta de la Sociedad de Socorro, and another hermana who is friends with hermana B., and we brought a cake and surprised her. She was super happy.  We also had a super good lesson with her yesterday with el Presidente de la rama y su esposa. Her husband was there for the first time! We talked about the family and the importance of marriage. We encouraged them to get married, because that is the only thing that is impeding Hermana B. from getting baptized.  It went really well and they said they are going to talk and pray about it.  Please pray for them so they can make the decision to get married! We’ve also been visiting la familia M., and we have the baptism for el hijo menor D.  We’ve been trying to help the family come back to church, and they all came to church yesterday, so that made us really happy.  We also are visiting a hermana who is less active and recently opened up a salon in our area, so today we are going to go and she’s going to give us facials.  We’ve also been visiting an hermana converso, Hermana D., who is super poderosa, and it’s gracias a ella that we found Hermana B.  The work is going really well and I LOVE these people.
With the cambios coming up, I am scared that I will leave, but I really hope not.  I only have one transfer left and I hope I can finish my mission here in Cobija, but I will go where the Lord wants me to be.  Yesterday we had our Conferencia de Distrito, for all the members in Cobija. It was super good and I learned a lot.  It was all focused on the family and on the husband and wife and how much the husband needs to love and respect his wife and how much he needs to express his love to his wife.  They talked about how we need to establish our homes on the foundation and rock of Christ, (Helaman 5:12), and also how we need to prepare ourselves as families for eternal life.  Finally they talked about how Satan works with us and how sometimes he doesn’t tell us not to do the right thing, but sometimes he says we can do the right thing, tomorrow.  But we know that tomorrow never comes.  We need to decide to be righteous today.  Anyway, it was super powerful.  Also I got to see all the members from the Rama Cobija that I got to know when I was in the Rama, and I love them all so much.  There are so many people here in Cobija that I’ve come to love and I know it’s going to be hard to leave.  But I am so grateful for the time the Lord has given me to serve his children here.  My companion and I are doing really well and I love her so much and I hope I can finish my mission with her.  I only have one more transfer left and the time is going by so fast. It scares me that I don’t have much time left, but I’m going to keep working as hard as I can to help others come unto Christ.  
Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers.  Also I received a Valentine’s Day card from the Young Women I think. 
Thank you so much! Love you all,

Con amor, Hermana Tijerino






______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment