Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Floods in Cobija

                                                                                                                        March 2, 2015
Hola hola!

Ok I have to make this email quick.
The week before from Sunday until Wednesday we were home because it was Carnaval and it was pretty chill. We just studied and talked and got to know each other, my companion and I, because I’m training and my companion is super great.  The rest of the week was a little hard but it was good.  On Saturday the floods came.  Cobija is on the border of Brazil and it’s divided by a river. It’s been raining a lot here and in Brazil and so it flooded. There are a lot of parts of Cobija that are flooded.  It’s mostly the area of the elders and of the other hermanas, and we spent all that weekend helping people evacuate their homes.  I’ve never seen anything like this.  The water is literally up to the roofs of some houses.  There are a lot of families affected and they’re all staying in the school buildings here or also in a big park that is in front of where we live.  A lot of members were affected and it’s amazing to see the church come together to help those in need. There wasn’t internet in all of Cobija last Monday so that’s why we weren’t able to write. 

This week has been really good though.  My companion and I are working really hard and finding a lot of people to teach and we have a few investigadores progressing and I have really been able to feel the joy of working hard and being obedient and sharing the gospel and testifying to people of the truth.  My companion is a sweetheart and we talk a lot and have a lot of fun and we both love these people.  Please pray for Hermana Beatriz who is mas progresando. Also please pray for Cobija and for all the affected families.  I’m doing really well, I love this work so much, and I love Cobija.  It breaks my heart to see the flooding here that’s the worst it’s ever been before, but I know that in a way it’s helping the people come together and help one another, and it’s helping us to be able to be more Christ like and serve those around us.  That’s all I have time to write. Now I’m going to try to send pictures also because I finally have my camera fixed!
Love you all!

Con amor,

Hermana Tijerino













______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment