Monday, February 9, 2015

Saying goodbye is not fun.

                                                                                                
February 9, 2015

Hola!

 Ok so I have a ton to write and not much time, so please excuse my spelling, ha-ha.
This week was crazy, although I feel like I always say that, but it really was and this next week will be too. 

From Monday to Wednesday we were in Santa Cruz.  Monday we didn’t have much time to do anything, but as we were heading to the house where we were going to stay in the area of Paraiso, we ran into Hermana B. and Hermana B. who are companions and who flew in from Trinidad. We all went to a little bakery to eat, and we were telling stories of crazy experiences that have happened to us. We were laughing a ton.  Then we were all going to stay in the same house, so we got back and kept talking and sharing stories, and it was super fun. The next day was super busy.  We had the meeting with the president all morning, where we learned a lot about charity, and it was super good. We also listened to the testimonios of the missionaries that are leaving. There were some tears shed, and we could all feel the spirit so strong.  We all ate lunch together there in the chapel, and then we went to go visit a family that my companion had taught in this area. We went to las oficinas to talk to the president, and then we went with Hermana B. and Hermana B. to El Centro y La Plaza and pretty much spent the rest of the day there buying recuerdos and eating ice cream and having fun.  That night was the last night we would all be together because the next day we left really early to go to the airport to head back to Cobija.  We got back Wednesday afternoon, and we helped the young women with their activity that evening. We taught them to make cinnamon rolls, and they turned out super yummy.  Thursday, Friday and Saturday we worked super hard and visited lots of people.  Saturday we had the baptism of Hermana R., and it went really well.  She is the cutest and I love her so much.  I’m really glad that Hermana N. was able to end her mission with a baptism.  

It’s been really fun this past week to be with Hermana N. because she is a great missionary and a great friend to me. It was sad because we took her to the airport this morning. She left for Santa Cruz and will be going home on Thursday.  She’s from Utah, so I know I’ll see her after I get back, but still it’s a little sad.  I don’t like saying goodbye.  I know it’s going to be super hard to say goodbye to Cobija, and also to Santa Cruz, because I love it sooo much.  I’m so grateful for my mission and everything I’ve learned and it’s so crazy that I only have 2 transfers left (3 months).  But I will try to make the best of it and enjoy every moment.  Until Thursday I will be in a trio with Hermana C. and Hermana B., who were my previous companions, and I love them. Then on Thursday my new companion should arrive. When I talked to the presidente, he told me that I’ll probably train, because there are 6 new hermanas that will be coming.  I’ll let you know how that goes.

Next week is Carnaval here in Bolivia, from Sunday to Tuesday. We won’t be allowed to leave the house for these three days, so I WILL NOT BE WRITING NEXT WEEK. Just so you know, but please still write me, and I’ll write back in two weeks! Thanks! Love you all!

Con amor, 

Hermana Tijerino









______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2015. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment