Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thanksgiving Week Happenings!

Thanksgiving Week Happenings!

Hola! This past week has been full of its up and downs.  So last Wednesday, they started putting up Christmas decorations and playing Christmas music already!  Also on that Wednesday, we got the new group of North Americans and Latinos.  There were only 6 new North Americans, and only one sister.  Her name is Sister J., and she became my new companion.  She´s from Virginia, and did one semester at BYU, and she´s really nice.  And this new group of Latinos is so different from the last one.  The last group was really big and loud and crazy, and this group is a lot more subdued, but they are really great. So from Thursday to Saturday, not a lot happened, just a lot of classes and studying.  Then on Sunday was really good! The spirit is so strong in the MTC, but especially on Sundays.  We usually watch a few devotionals, and they are always so good and uplifting.

On Tuesday we watched a devotional about temples, and it made me realize how lucky we are to have temples to close by.  They are a wonderful blessing.  We went to the Bogotá temple on Wednesday, and it was really nice.  The temple itself is really big and beautiful.  I wish I could’ve taken a picture of it, but they don’t let us bring our cameras.  Anyway, and that time I didn´t use headphones, so I listened to the whole thing in Spanish, and I was able to understand about 90% of it.  I think my Spanish is improving a lot.  I still have a lot to go, but it’s coming along.  Our investigator, Katy (our teacher) has been progressing in our lessons, and in our last one we committed her to baptism, and it was amazing to feel the spirit as we testified to her, and to see the change in her over the week (even though it wasn’t real, it felt real). She started out as a hippie, and not believing in God, but now she knows she is a daughter of God, and knows the things we are teaching her are true.  Anyway, so that went really well.

So yesterday was thanksgiving! In the morning we did service, by cleaning the whole MTC. Then they had a really nice meal for us. Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, a marshmallow fruit salad thing, and a fruit pie like dessert, and chocolate cake.  It was all super yummy.  
Besides that, this week has been really fun.  Since it´s been a lot of class, and of course getting up early and everything, I’ve been really tired, and we all know what happens when I get really tired... I cannot stop laughing!  Also, for a couple of nights, my roommates and I (Sister B., Sister, M, and sister J) have been telling stories and staying up laughing into the night, and it’s been so fun.  These girls are hilarious, and I love them.  Especially Sister B.  She is the funniest person I’ve ever met.  And she and Sister M. are teaching me how to be more sassy.  The boys have nicknamed us the sass pack, ha-ha.

Anyway, also yesterday we had an area Seventy come and give us a devotional, and that was really good.  He talked about how we are doing the work of salvation, and how we have a power within us, the power of the spirit, and we have to remember how amazing we are and what we are doing.
So more cool things coming up.  On Tuesday we will get to go on a field trip! I’m not sure where we will be going, but I am excited to get out! Oh and tomorrow we will go proselytizing again, so I’m excited for that too! Then I think on Wednesday we will be getting Latina companions! Ah! 


No comments:

Post a Comment