Sunday, May 3, 2015

My last post from Bolivia.

                                                                                                April 26, 2015

This week has been a really good week.  My companion and I have been able to take the role of the Savior and be able to be a comforter for a lot of people.  On Monday we visited an Hermana that experienced something really hard with her husband, and we were able to give her some words of comfort.  Then on Tuesday we visited Hermana B, and sadly some things had also happened with her husband, and she doesn’t want to come to church anymore. But we’re going to keep praying for her so that both her and her husband can have a change of heart.  Then we visited a new investigadora, una hermana who’s only 18 and married with a baby. Her husband is far away working and she is far from her family.  We took the opportunity to teach her about the gospel and that she is never alone because God is always with us, and we made her feel a lot better.  Wednesday we did service for a family of investigadores of the elders in our branch, and they are a super great family.  Then we’ve been visiting la Familia M. who I’ve come to love so much.  In the evening we weren’t sure who to visit, but we decided to visit some members and we shared a message with la Hermana and she thanked us so much because it touched her heart and was something that she needed at that moment. 

Thursday was an even more emotional day.  We went to visit la hermana of our pensionista who just had her baby, but of only 7 months. It was funny because first we were walking to her house.  It had rained and where they live is really hard to get to because it’s all dirt roads and it was completely muddy. It was so slippery and we were walking slowly so we wouldn’t fall. It took us so long and there is also a big hill and when we were almost there, we saw her daughter leaving. She told us that no one was home... and her mom was still in the hospital.  That evening we felt prompted to go visit her in the hospital, because the other day I found out that la Hermana D., an hermana from the other rama that I met and who I love, was interned at the hospital, so we went and saw them both.  First we saw Hermana D. who was in a serious condition of anemia I think, and we were able to talk to her for a little bit and comfort her.  Then we went looking for la hermana M. who had just had her baby, who also is an investigator. We found her sitting outside on a bench all alone and when we starting talking to her she started crying. She told us that she almost died giving birth, and that her baby was born prematurely, but that she’s ok. We also comforted her and she said that if God gave her the opportunity, she would get baptized.  We both felt the spirit so strong, and we’re hoping that she will be able to get baptized.  We also had a really powerful lesson with an hermana that we’ve been getting to know and she said she wants to get baptized.   We found out after that she doesn’t live on our area, but we’re still really happy for her.  
Anyway the main highlight of this week was that we as la obra misional put on un noche de talentos in our branch, and it was super fun.  We were busy getting everything ready on Saturday and it turned out really well.  My companion and I sang a song.  We both love to sing and we had practiced all week. It’s a really pretty song, I think it’s from the Young Women’s, but it’s in Spanish.  We sang and it turned out really well, and I’m really surprised with myself that I did something that I would have never done before.  Anyway, that’s a little bit of what has been going on this past week.  This week will be my last week in Cobija and I think next Monday I will be flying to Santa Cruz, because then next Friday I will be coming home.  I’ve been feeling a lot of emotions, mostly sad because I don’t want to leave, but grateful for all the things I’ve been able to experience and also happy for the work I’ve done.  I also am so grateful for my companion because I love her so much as if she were my own sister. I love her and these people so much and I will try to take advantage of every moment I have this week to be with these people I love, until I’ll be able to be home with my family and friends that I love as well.  
Thanks for everything, con amor, Hermana Tijerino

Also I wanted to say that I am so happy for the la familia M. because now they are coming to church every week and yesterday the brother of D. was able to repartir la santa cena for the first time, and it made us so happy.  This family is so special to me and I love them so much.  Also we’ve been working really hard with a less active hermano to get him to come to church and I said to my companion that I didn’t want to leave here until I saw him at church and yesterday he came to church! So that also was a little miracle for me.  Anyway that’s all.  Les quiero mucho! 





No comments:

Post a Comment