Monday, February 3, 2014

Well I have completed my first transfer!

February 03, 2014

Hola,

Yes, I have completed my first transfer! 
This week was cambios, or transfers, and we were anxiously awaiting the call on Wednesday night, both hoping that neither of us would change, but my companion Hermana M. was informed that was leaving.  Yesterday morning she left for Cobija and since then I have been with the other Hermanas in our area, and my new companion is going to arrive this afternoon.  She`s from Bolivia and she`s been out on her mission for a while, not sure for how long, but she is waiting for her visa to go to somewhere else. 

Anyway, so things have been pretty good.  I’m just stressing out a little because now I have all these responsibilities of showing my companion the area that I am still getting to know, and I have to be able to introduce her to all the investigators and everyone, and it’s a lot of do, especially in another language!  But I know that God answers prayers. I was praying to have a little more time with Hermana M., because I didn’t feel like I was ready for her to leave.  And she was supposed to leave Thursday, but then her flight got changed to Sunday morning, so we got a few more days for her to teach me everything I need to know.  I am so grateful for that.  And in other ways Heavenly Father has answered my prayers and I know he is aware of me and looking out for me.  I am so grateful for this gospel and for the opportunity I have to share it.  And the baptism for Hermana Juana got changed to this week, so this Saturday we will have her baptism combined with the other hermanas because they have a baptism as well.  So that will be exciting!  

Also this past week we made empanadas with a family, and it was really fun.  And yesterday I stayed the night was the other hermanas, so it was like a little sleepover, and it was fun, these girls are so sweet.  Anyway, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.  

Love, Hermana Tijerino


______________________________________________________________________

January 27, 2014

Hola hola!

This week has been really good and I´ve had many adventures!
First, on Tuesday we moved rooms.  We´re living with members, but in a separate house, and they`ve been working on finishing the upstairs, so we moved up there, and they are going to make some renovation to the room we were in and the other hermanas are going to live there.  Anyway, the elders in our zone came and helped us move all our furniture and stuff, and it was raining really hard and this made it into quite an adventure.  

Then, other things that happened this week.  We`ve been working a lot with Hermana Juana, because she is going to get married this Friday and baptized this Saturday.  So excited!  She was the first person I taught.  

This week we made Cuñapé (I think thats how its spelled) with the Familia V. (recent converts) and we made frito, or sopapilla with the familia of Hermana Juana.  I love her family.  They have three little girls and are so cute. They live out in a junglely area, and live life so simply.  They don’t have cell phones or really any kind of electronics.  They don’t have a lot, but they have their family and the gospel, and that is all they need to be happy.

Anyway, also for the first time I had to wear my coat! Two nights ago I also had to sleep with two blankets cuz it was so cold! Quite a change from how hot it’s been. 
This week also another less active family came to church and it made me so happy!

I love the people and I love serving them and it brings me so much joy! My companion and I have had a lot of laughs this week and I’ve been really happy.
Love you all,

Hermana Tijerino


______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment