Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just another great week in Bolivia

 Hola!hola! everybody,

A lot has happened this week!  We had a few successes and also experienced a tragedy.  Ok, first.  We had intercambios this week (splits) and I went to another área called Hamacas.  It was closer to the city so it was a lot nicer, but I wouldn’t trade it for my área, because they don’t have any investigators.  I didn’t realize how lucky we are because we are teaching about 12 investigators right now.  Although it is hard to get a hold of some of them.  One of our investigators (Hermana Juana) officially has her date to be married and her baptismal date the day after, the 31st of this month is the wedding and her baptism on the 1st.  Woot! Also this Sunday my companion and I had to give talks.  On Saturday we always go around to every one of our investigators and less active families so we can invite them to church.  Usually they still don’t come, but we had this family come finally, and it made me so happy! They slipped in the back right as I went to go give my talk, and it made me so happy to see them. It was like a huge weight that got lifted off my shoulders.  So my talk went well after that.

Anyway, now to the tragedy that we witnessed this week. After we were walking back from a lesson, we passed our pensionista´s house, and her two dogs were playing outside.  One of them started following us, and we just keep walking as usual. It went off in front of us, and we went to cross a busy road. We didn’t realize that he was going to cross the road after us and... We heard a car screeching and we turned and looked back and saw him being tossed under the car. The car kept going and the dog was left lying in the middle of the road.  My companion bravely stopped traffic and went back and picked up the dog and carried him back home, where he was suffering from a torn up bloody leg, and eventually died later. It was the saddest thing ever.  We both felt so bad for their family, because they are the closest thing to family to us.  After that we learned a lot of things, and were able to talk about the plan of salvation.
Also things this week has just made me so grateful to have the gospel in my life.  There are a lot of people back home that I love and miss, but I am so grateful for the chance to love these people.

Love you all,
Hermana Tijerino

______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment