Wednesday, September 3, 2014

August update

September 1, 2014

Hola hola,
I have lots to write about but not much time.  Last Monday we had a really fun multi-zone activity.  Tuesday was a good day.  Wednesday was really rough.  We walked and walked and we went to visit a lot of people but no one was there or they were busy and we just had no luck at all. But then we went to the capilla for a stake activity that they had, where the jovenes presentaron bailes tradicionales de Bolivia and it was so cool.  Then that night we anxiously awaited the calls for the cambios, but I and my companion didn’t have cambios, so we are both still here together in this area, and I am really happy.  Hna. C and I are like best friends.  We are always having fun, but also sometimes we get a little fed up with each other, but then we always end up laughing.  I love her so much.  

Thursday was my birthday and it was really, really good.  In the morning I made myself pancakes.  Then we got ready and went to our zone meeting.  Hermana Zambrano came and brought me a cake and everyone sang to me, and then we all ate cake.  Then we went to lunch, and I brought with me the package of the crumb cake I love so much from home that mom sent me, so after lunch we made that, and it turned out exactly how it is at home, so that made me really happy.  Then we had a good day visiting people, and ended up at the end of the day with our converts Alejandra and Jorge, and their mom Lidia who bought me a cake and it was so good, Alejandra brought me a flag from Bolivia (in exchange for the flag I got her from the States) and she also made a card and got me a necklace, so that was so sweet.  I seriously love her.  Then also Hermana Yulissa, my old pensionista called me and wished me a happy birthday, which also made me so happy because I love her so much! Anyway, so it was a good birthday, with lots of cake :) and the rest of the week has gone by pretty good.  Thanks for your birthday wishes.  
Watch out world, I am officially 20!!! Ha-ha,

Love you all,
Hermana Tijerino












______________________________________________________________________

August 25, 2014
Buenos Dias,

This week was really good and I can´t believe that cambios are this week. These past 6 weeks have gone by so fast.  We´ve been teaching a lot of people, but especially the conversos recientes.  We have a lot of investigadores, but they just don’t cumplir con sus compromisos and don´t come to church, so it’s hard for them to be able to progress.  But anyway, we´re going to keep trying.  We have a lot of part member families that we are teaching as well.

This week there was a multi-zone conference that was really good.  They talked about a lot of things, but especially about the Godhead, and the characteristics of God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost.  I learned a lot, and especially from the testimonies that some of the missionaries shared.  There are a lot of the Latino missionaries that are the only members in their family, and I am so amazed at their valentia to be able to come and serve a mission.  That is something I’ve learned a lot this week, la importancia a tener un testimonio.  It’s so important to have a testimony, because that is your drive to do the right and obey, and it’s your iron rod to hold on when things get rough and trials come your way.  I’m so grateful for my testimony and that I’m here on the mission developing my testimony even more and helping people to gain a testimony of our loving Heavenly Father and our savior Jesus Christ. 

Anyway, I don’t know what’s to come with cambios this week.  I hope that I can stay here one more cambio with Hermana C.  I love her so much.  We´ve really become like best friends.  We have a lot of fun, and also with the other Hermanas that live in our house.  I´ll let you know what happens! Also my birthday just has to be on the same day as cambios, ha-ha.  But we´re going to celebrate with our pensionista the day before, and on the day of the familia Arevalo (Alejandra y Jorge) have already invited us over, ha-ha.

Love you all so much, con mucho amor,

Hermana Tijerino










______________________________________________________________________

August 18, 2014
Hola!

I don’t have much time to write, but this week seriously went by sooo fast! My companion and I have been having a lot of fun and working really hard and finding lots of new people to teach.  And we've been really happy, always laughing and joking around.  The only sad thing that we experienced this week is that the Family R. that was our golden family haven’t been home all week and don’t answer their phone and they didn’t come to church and we’re not really sure what happened.  They kind of just disappeared.  It’s always when people are progressing so much and so close, the adversary comes and ruins everything! Ha-ha, but really we have no idea, so for now we are just going to give it time before we back. 

Anyway this week we also had intercambios and my comp went to another area and I stayed here with another Hermana from Bolivia, and it was really fun and I learned a lot from her and her testimony.  I know this gospel is true and changes lives and that God loves us and wants us to be happy and we can find true happiness in our families, in the service of others, and in this gospel that allows us to return to our Heavenly Father.  I am also so grateful for all the members here and for their support, and for everyone that we meet and teach every day.  I also love my companion, who has helped me so much to find joy in the work.  
Hope you all are doing well! 

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Tijerino

______________________________________________________________________

August 11, 2014

Hola, 

Wow! this week went by super fast.  I guess that means we´ve been busy, ha-ha. This week was pretty good.  Last Monday we played Wally again with our zone (indoor volleyball) and it was super fun.  All the elders are hilarious, and we were just laughing the whole time.  Tuesday was a full day of teaching, and we had a really good lesson with the familia R.  Then on Wednesday was dia de independencia de Bolivia and we had a noche de talentos en el barrio. We went to pick up Hermana T. R. with a hermano that has an auto because she´s in a wheelchair, and it was the first time was she was able to come to the capilla, so that made me really happy.  I love her and her sister M. (there´s a foto of us).  The rest of their family came late, but they were all there, so it was super good.  A lot of the talentos were traditional bailes de Bolivia, and they were all so cool.  Then the rest of the week was pretty good.  The only disappointing thing was that we were supposed to have another lesson with the familia R. but they weren’t there and they didn’t come to church yesterday, so that made us sad.  Keep praying for them!  we´re hoping to have a noche de hogar with them tonight.  Anyway we´ve also found some new investigadores this week.  Also my companion and I have been laughing and joking around a lot, and it’s been really fun.  Anyway, but talking to the other Hermanas, something that the mission does is it makes us realize that there are so many things that we can do that maybe we never thought we could do before.  Like speaking a different language or being able to talk to anyone on the street, and how there are so many things we can learn and talents that we can develop like learning to cook or play an instrument or study something new and other things that like.  I am grateful for all of the things I’ve learned and all the things I will continue to learn.  Love you all, 

Con mucho amor,

Hermana Tijerino

______________________________________________________________________

August 4, 2014

Hola hola!

So this week was really good.  But also there´s some crazy news.  So remember how I said that Santa Cruz is semi-peligroso.  Well.... two houses down from where the Hermanas live in Jardin (where I was a few months ago), there was a murder, so the next day the president took the Hermanas out and sent 2 here in Belen, and the other 2 to another area Paraiso.  So since Friday we´ve had another 2 Hermanas living with us.  They´re both from Bolivia, super great.  So now we are back to working in just half the area, which is both good and bad.  Good because now it’s not so huge, but sad because we´ve lost some investigadores and a lot of people that we love, but its ok because they´re in good hands.  Also since these Hermanas just came from Jardin I was able to ask and see how everyone is doing there, and I found out that a family we found and were teaching the parents just got married and baptized! So that made me super happy.  Anyway, my companion and I are doing well.  She is really great. I’m the senior companion so I have more responsibilities and I feel like I have to carry a bit more of the weight, but she is helping me a lot.  She is also so funny and we love to joke around and have fun, and I’ve been super happy being with her. Right now we are focusing on the familia R.  They are an amazing investigator family; the mom is the strong one that always comes to church and wants to get baptized, as well as her family.  The only one of her kids that is attending church is M., who´s 19 and so sweet and has lots of friends in the ward now.  We are thinking that their baptism is either going to be the 16th or the 23rd.  Her oldest hija is in a wheelchair because she has some enfermedad, but she´s always in the lessons, but she just hasn’t been able to attend church.  The boys of the family are really shy so they´re not always in the lesson and don’t always come to church, so that is the challenge right now.  Please just pray for their family so that Hermana L. can get baptized and M., and mas adelante el resto de la familia.  I seriously just love them so much.  Anyway, that pretty much what’s been going on.  Having fun, working hard, new Hermanas, and trying to help people come unto Christ.  
Love you all, con mucho amor,

Hermana Tijerino



______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment