Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Good times this past two weeks.

April 14, 2014.

At the zone leaders meeting.


Hola hola hola!

This week was full of good times!  On Tuesday we had a meeting with all the zone leaders and hermana capacitadoras and I learned a lot of things about being a leader.  Afterward the president took us all to this really nice restaurant called Puerto Madero, and it was super good.  Then on Friday we had a special activity for all the Hermanas at the president´s home.  We made cinnamon rolls and watched the broadcast of the women´s general conference, and that was really good because I was sad we missed it.  The best part was that I finally got to see Hermana J. and Hermana B., my best friends from the CCM that I haven’t seen since December.  Hermana B. is one of those people that is so happy and so fun to be around, and definitely lifted my spirits. 

Sister B. and Myself at the zone leaders meeting.

After we watched the conference we all went to this other super nice restaurant called Casa del Camba, which is also where we went when we first got here on the mission.  So that day was really fun.  Then on Saturday we had the baptism for Kevin and Melani, and it was a little stressful to get everything ready, but it turned out really nice.

The joy of getting baptized

Before the baptism of Family C.

 Afterward their family invited us over for dinner.When we were all sitting around this small table under a tin crooked roof with a dirt floor under our feet and just a dim light bulb to light up the table, and eating a nice dinner of rice and chicken, I just felt so close to their family and so happy to be there talking and laughing with them.  I am so grateful to have been through this journey with them because I love them so much and they feel like family to me.  I am ever grateful for the blessings Heavenly Father has blessed me with for this opportunity to be here serving his children.

Having dinner with Family C. They look so happy.


Love, Hermana Tijerino 


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 7, 2014.

Hola hola!

So this week was pretty good.  We´ve had been teaching the Familia C. almost every day this past week to get them ready for their baptism THIS SATURDAY! I´m so excited for them.  They are such a great family, and the kids are so great.  They´re a little nervous, so please pray for them! This week we cooked for the bishop and his family and that was really fun. I made chocolate chip cookies and everyone loved them.  The week before we made chocolate chip cookies with the Familia V. and the Hermano Richard went crazy over them! It’s so weird because nobody here has ever had chocolate chip cookies before.  Anyway so I’ve been using my talents in baking and in English.  

There´s this less active family, the Familia G., and the two grandchildren Camila and Nicolas have been getting ready to leave to move to the United States to live with their dad in Florida, so these past couple of week’s we´ve been visiting them and I’ve been teaching them English.  We´ve gotten really close to them and this weekend they left, so that was sad to see them go, but they promised us they are going to find the church there and continue going to church.  So speaking of the language, it’s so weird because I feel like as I have been learning Spanish I’ve been forgetting some of my English at the same time! And when I took notes for general conference, all my notes are in Spanglish.  A line in English, a line in Spanish.  Haha, I feel like I’m right in the middle of two languages, and it’s so weird I can’t even describe it.  

Anyway, but one thing I got out of conference is something that’s been coming about for a long time, that the world is growing more wicked, and times are harder, but that is the reason we need to stand stronger.  Everything the prophet and apostles say take on a new meaning as a missionary.  I know these entire things they say and all the things I am learning here on the mission are all the things I need to learn to help me later in my life to stand strong against trial and adversity, and are the things that bring us everlasting happiness. 
Love you all, Hermana Tijerino


______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment