Monday, March 10, 2014

I'm back after a week away

I was not able to write last week of course because of Carnaval.  We had an assignment from the president to either read the entire Book of Mormon, or read Jesus the Christ. I decided to take on the task of reading Jesus the Christ, and I almost finished it. I just have about 100 pages left, but it truly was an amazing experience to learn about the life of the Savior and comprehend how truly amazing his life and his sacrifice was.
  
Also during these past two weeks we did weeding for a service project... with machetes! The best way to weed, I´m telling you.  Then I also decided to cut my hair. Also before Carnaval commenced, we went to get our money out and go grocery shopping, but the machine ate my card! So we went on an adventure to go downtown to the bank offices to see if I could get it back, but alas no, so I’ve haven’t had any money.   Also last week we had a conference with the entire zone with the Mission President, and that was really good.  Then we had stake conference this past weekend, which was really good.  As always, my prayers were answered. Before conferences like these I always go in with a prayer in my heart, and they are always answered and I hear exactly what I need to hear.  I know Heavenly Father answers prayers. 
  
These past two weeks have been an emotional roller coaster.  Some of our investigators are progressing and we are having great success with them, and that´s made me really happy.  But with some of our less active families, we´ve found one of them drinking on two different occasions, and another family is having family problems, and it’s so hard to see them struggling.  Also one of our golden investigators we found out is moving this week, and that makes me so sad because she is such a sweetheart and I love her too much and I don’t want to see her go.
I am so grateful for the Familia V.  They are an amazing family, and they´ve been having struggles, as recent converts, so we´ve been spending a lot of time with them, and it has been really good.  They are such a special family and I love them.  Also the familia de Hermana Juana.  We visited them yesterday, and it was super good. Her husband is so funny.  And before we left we asked if they had any questions, and Juana said ¨Yes I have a question.  When are you going to come back?!¨ Ha-ha, oh I just love her. 

I realized that this week I´ve completed four months on my mission, and I´ve realized that in this short amount of time my testimony has grown so much, and I’ve learned so much about life and this gospel and the plan that Heavenly Father has for each one of us, and I´ve come to love these people so much I can’t even describe it.  It’s hard when we don’t have much success, but then we have a really good lesson with a family, or we have an investigator come to church, or say a beautiful prayer, and that’s when I’m reminded why I’m here; to bring these people into the Gospel and unto Christ, and that’s what makes me most happy.

Thanks for all your prayers and support

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Tijerino



______________________________________________________________________
NOTE: In order to protect their privacy the names of my companions, members and investigators will be omitted and their name tags obfuscated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia - 2014. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material and posted photographs without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Jennifer Tijerino and Mission Adventures in Bolivia with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.

No comments:

Post a Comment